How to Stop Animal Abuse?
“United we stand, divided we fall”
We all living beings are divided by different forms of body, but souls unite us!
In a world where you can be anything, choose to be kind. Every living being has the right to be respected and get their freedom.
What if those rights are not respected? What if those rights are not valued?
What if the world does not raise voice against these crimes?
Though there are many acts and rules against these crimes and many punishments and penalties are established as well, but there do exist many parts of the world where such evil activities take place at a higher rate.
It is the duty of solo to not only raise voice against such misdeeds but also to stop them at their best.
This article is about what animal abuse is and how to stop animal abuse.
Before going deeply on How to Stop Animal Abuse,
let’s first understand what exactly is “Animal abuse”.
It simply means treating animals that harm or damages them either physically or psychologically (mentally).
It also means behaving harshly with them or just neglecting (ignoring) them.
The types of animal abuse on different bases are:
1) Based on Social
- Commercial abuse: Animal cruelty committed to the organization’s profit.
- Personal abuse: Animal cruelty committed by an individual to an animal.
2) Based on Attention
- Direct Violence: Animal cruelty that harms or kills animals intentionally. Such killings rare quick and dramatic.
- Neglect: Animal cruelty that neglects or ignores the needs of animals and is treated poorly.
While talking of massive animal abuse,
there are no means for words like minor or small animal abuse. Abuse is abuse, whether it is small or big.
Due to such activities, the government from every corner of the world have enforced many laws and Acts that punish the abusers.
We all are children of the Earth, and we humans should let animals live their own life without causing them any harm.
And we should also fight against them who do such misdeeds according to the law of Nature/Universe.
Animals need our help. Hence, we have to take steps against this abuse and let people know that it’s not okay to destroy others’ freedom, and also, it’s not okay to hurt others.
Let’s know these steps in detail.
Steps to Stop Animal Abuse
There are four steps basically on how to stop animal abuse. Let’s see these steps in detail, one by one.
Step 1: Evaluate the situation and recognize the crime
1. No shelter is available for animal welfare and well-being.
2. Irregular or less grooming of pets.
3. The size of the collar is not increased with the increase in the size of the pet.
4. Improper food available, no medical facilities, untreated diseases, and lack of food to the pet.
5. Harshly treating of ignoring the needs of a pet.
6. Hurting animals physically.
7. Torturing pets mentally due to psychological disorders.
8. Capturing animals for cultural rituals.
9. Harming animals for TV and film production.
10. Confining animals in enclosures with few welfare facilities in circuses.
11. Intensive animal farming for the organization’s profit.
12. Unrequired scientific experiments and demonstrations that harm animals.
13. No availability of pet policies and abandonment.
Step 2: Report the Situation Evaluated
Your single call can save the life of a needy.
If you are the witness of the recognized animal abuse, you can prevent further activity from taking place by reporting the abuse.
“Raise your voice against the crime.”
Report immediately to local animal welfare organizations, law enforcement or humane organization.
If the pet needs are neglected, the humane officers will help owners to correctly take care of their pets.
And then even if the needs are ignored, the humane officers will tell owners either to give up the pet or some actions may be taken against them.
Don’t go emotional if the abuser is any of your family members, friend, neighbor, or any of your close persons.
We need to understand that lives are more important than any relationship.
Learn to be kind.
Join organizations that take good care of pets.
Step 3: Understand and know the laws to the fullest
Various laws differ from state to state and country to country. The conditions and penalties also differ.
To understand the case progress through the legal system, read, understand, and know all the laws.
Some of the Acts are:
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960
- Protection under the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972
- The Animal Welfare Act, 2006
Sometimes, it happens that due to corruption, the offenders are not punished, and injustice is done to the animals and pets.
If the Acts and the Laws are known well, your knowledge can do justice to the needy.
Strict laws should be demanded with higher penalties so that such crimes are not repeated further anymore.
Step 4: Put an end to animal cruelty
The main key to stop and put an end to animal abuse is education and the spreading of this education to all the corners of the world.
Another important key is to enforce powerful anti-cruelty laws and harsh penalties for offenders.
Various awareness camps should be organized to make all better understand how to train and care for their pets.
Such camps should have a local humane agency speaker.
Numerous ads and videos should be made as the visualized are believed more and understood better.
Books should be published for more detailed information.
Humans abuse animals because they do not consider animals’ life as valuable as theirs. Animals cannot speak our language and cannot even complain.
They, too, have feelings as we have. But few people take advantage of the helplessness’ situation for their own benefits or entertainment.
This is real.
Such creatures need our help and protection. Become aware of this cruelness and make others aware of them.
Know all laws and help the government to implement those laws.
We all have the power inside us. We just need to create more awareness to unify our all power. After reading this article,
I hope you will raise your voice against animal abuse and follow all the steps of How to Stop Animal Abuse.